DSP-4 (Digital Signal Processing)
With more than three decades of experience pioneering cutting edge audio products, QSC raises the bar once again with the DSP-4 Digital Signal Processing Module. This compact module offers two channels of independent DSP and attaches to the back of most 2-channel DataPort-equipped QSC amplifiers—without occupying any additional rack space.
Capitalizing on the success of our DSP-3, the second-generation DSP-4 provides several enhancements in functionality and performance while also incorporating the universally popular XLR balanced connectors. These enhancements include new A/D and D/A converters for improved signal-to-noise performance and upgraded software that significantly increases the unit’s operational characteristics.
Simple to install, compact, and featuring "set-and-forget" convenience, the DSP-4’s powerful processor enables you to perform a wide range of signal processing functions; and with its new A/D and D/A converters, its noise floor improves. Whether you need speaker crossovers, EQ, time delay, or subsonic filters, the DSP-4 is as flexible as your system’s needs.
Each channel includes:
- Crossover filtering
- Multiple parametric EQs
- Shelf filtering
- Tone and noise generation
- Precision attenuation
- Multiple delays (up to 910 ms)
- Compression and limiting
The DSP-4’s processing horsepower is dynamically assignable so you are not limited by a fixed signal chain. Simply use QSC’s powerful PC-based Signal Manager software to easily configure multiple processing functions and signal flow with “drag-and-drop” tools.
The power and flexibility of the DSP-4 eliminates the need for expensive outboard processing gear, reducing cost and installation time for almost any application. The compact DSP-4 also plugs directly into the back of most QSC DataPort-equipped amplifiers for use in systems where rack space is a premium.
| DSP-4 FEATURES
- Two independent channels of DSP
- 48kHz, 24-bit converters
- No turn on pops or zipper noise
- If the memory or hardware fails, unit turns on muted to prevent driver damage
- Host interface via RS-232 or QSControl Audio Network System via CM16a Amplifier Network Monitor
- Electronically balanced XLR inputs
- Contact closure to trigger preset changes
- Post-DSP output signal for daisy-chaining
- Peak and RMS meter displays with clip indication
- DataPort pass-through compatible with QSControl
- Selectable input sensitivity: 1.5, 4, 9, 18 Vrms;
6, 14.5, 21.5, 27.5 dBu; 3.5, 12, 19, 25 dBV
- Output signal gain (to be released)
- "Drag-and-drop" configuration software
- DSP processing power and memory is dynamically assigned to signal processing functions - eliminating the limitations imposed by fixed signal chain designs
- Graphical representation of DSP resources
- Firmware upgrades via RS-232
- Hard copy printout of signal flow layout or parameter settings
- Windows® 98, NT4 (SP6), and 2000 (SP1)*
- SVGA monitor @ 800 x 600 (min.); 1024 x 768 recommended
- CD-ROM drive
- 32 MB RAM (min.)
- 10 MB free hard disk space (min.)
- Available RS-232 COM port
- Male-to-female 9-pin serial cable (for programming)
* Windows ME not supported