The GB Series also shares the stylish looks of the MH4, MH3 and LX7ii consoles, continuing a strong family look and feel across the range.
Available in frame sizes from 16 to 40 channels, the GB4 is designed for installations such as churches and performance venues, or for small touring sound systems. The dual-mode topology implemented to such success on the MH3 and MH4 desks allows the GB4 to be used on FOH or monitor duties, with fader control of group or aux outputs.
Although largely conventional in layout, the GB4 does have some unique mechanical features. The rugged steel chassis has a sloping rear connector panel so that it is easier to configure from the front of the desk, while the integral power supply has a link option for an external back-up PSU.
Four mute groups allow several channels to be muted simultaneously, while another unique facility is the limiter on a set of dedicated record outputs that makes it easier to create a stereo recording of the mix.
The console also features an output matrix with seven feeds to four outputs, being fed from the group busses and main L, R and C (mono) outputs.
The GB4 offers a comprehensive set of functions and facilities in a small and cost-effective footprint, and delivers the high performance and reliability you would expect from a Soundcraft product.
- GB30 mic preamps and EQ section, designed by Soundcraft co-founder Graham Blyth, owe their design heritage to the MH 3 and MH4 consoles
- High performance 4-band GB30 EQ
- Dual mode operation means console can easily be configured from FOH to Monitor with touch of a button
- 7 true busses including 4 subgroups, left, right and center
- 8 auxiliary sends with flexible pre/post switching
- 4 mute groups
- 7 x 4 matrix allows 4 separate sub-mixes of left, right, center and group outputs
- Internal power supply WITH external PSU link option!
- Direct outputs on every mono channel
- 4 segment LED’s on each output and 12 segment output meters
- Highly stylized design borrowed from the MH Series consoles